HNN217 Primary Health Care Assessment :
HNN217 Primary Health Care Assessment Task 2 Group Project Equivalent 2000 words (50% weighting)
Purpose of assessment task
Education and empowerment are key aspects of effective primary health care, and the role of the Registered Nurse is to enhance the health of individuals, communities, and populations. This assessment task will enable you to collaborate with your peers and to work as a team to present an evidence-based Narrated PowerPoint Presentation on type 2 diabetes mellitus. This educational resource will be used as an intervention to promote positive health outcomes (ULO3).
Task type: Narrated PowerPoint Presentation Task approach: Group task (4 students per group) Due date: Thursday 11 May 2023
Time: 8.00 pm
Uploading via DeakinAir:
- Record the presentation on Zoom, upload the Zoom link to DeakinAir and then submit the URL link to the dropbox alongside your reference list.
- Your video must be set to ‘Unlisted’ in order for the marker to be able to access your submission.
- Instructions on how to upload to DeakinAir and then the dropbox can be found here:
Format: Narrated PowerPoint Presentation (recorded and submitted via DeakinAir link).
- Please check the document before submitting it to the dropbox to ensure the formatting has not changed.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the correct version of your assessment task is properly uploaded into the correct assessment dropbox.
You are working as a registered nurse in a community health centre in a northern suburb of Melbourne. You work with a multidisciplinary team (MDT); during the monthly meeting with the MDT, it was discussed that the community health centre requires a health-promoting video resource about type 2 diabetes as there has been an increased number of clients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. You have decided to produce an evidence-based health-promoting intervention on type 2 diabetes and its complications, focusing on education, self-management, and resources for clients
newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The information for clients with newly diagnosed diabetes will be presented as a narrated PowerPoint presentation.
In your narrated PowerPoint presentation:
- Describe the short-term and long-term complications of type 2 diabetes mellitus for your target audience.
- Discuss one (1) evidence-based intervention for the prevention of long-term complications.
- Discuss two (2) evidence-based strategies to support self-management of type 2 diabetes.
Instructions for this assessment task:
Features of a well-developed Narrated PowerPoint Presentation
- Use of appropriate (non-medical) language
- Use of photographs or simple illustrations to support key points.
- A logical flow of ideas, with use of headings and subheadings to signpost key concepts.
- Health education should focus on education, prevention, and self-management.
- You are required to think broadly to include the concepts of health literacy in developing this education strategy.
Further instructions on teamwork can be located under Assessment task 2 as ‘Additional resources for AT2’. Please refer to this as you work on your presentation.
Please include a reference list on the final PowerPoint slide, formatted as per the APA 7 referencing guide.
PowerPoint Presentation Layout:
- You must use the camera function in Zoom for your narrated PowerPoint, so the audience is able to see you present. You need to wear professional attire (for example your nursing uniform or neat casual clothes).
- Slide 1 must contain the information you would normally have on your title page for a written assignment: Title of presentation (bold font), Student Names, Student Number, University/Institution Name, Unit Code and Name, Facilitator Name, Due Date, Word count
- Slide 2 must be your group introduction to the presentation. Aspects that should be covered here include introducing the topic of your presentation and an overview of what your presentation will cover. The introduction will be short and should be no longer than one minute.
- The middle slides must be your answers to each Assignment Question. You can format these how you like. You might decide that each member covers each response in one slide or that you require several slides to answer one question. Whatever you choose to do, make sure it is clear in your presentation what question you are discussing. In total this part of your assessment task should be around eight minutes in length.
- The second last slide must be your conclusion. Aspects that should be covered here include a summary of what was discussed in your presentation and any final thoughts/lessons from your group. Do not include new information in your conclusion. The conclusion should be short and should be no longer than 30 seconds.
- The final slide or slides must be your reference list. You do not need to read out your references. If you have several slides for your references make sure you click through them so the viewer can see your references.
10 minutes. Any presentation longer than 11 minutes will not be viewed past the 11-minute mark.
Ensure the same font is used consistently throughout the entire presentation for both headings and text.
Use headings for all three questions.
|Criterion mode: Points
|Starting % 60
|Describes the short-term and long- term complications of type 2 diabetes for newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes audience.
|Description is clear, thoroughly presented, and is without use of medical jargon, focusing on the key features of type 2 diabetes and its short-term and long-term complications
|Description is clearly presented and is without use of medical jargon, mostly focusing on key features of type 2 diabetes and its short- term and long-term complications
|Description is clear and identifies some features of type 2 diabetes and its short-term and long- term complications and is relevant to the target population.
|Description identifies some features of type 2 diabetes and its short-term and long- term complications and is mostly appropriate for the target population.
|Description is absent or does not identify features of type 2 diabetes and its short-term and long- term complications.
|Explains one (1) evidence-based health intervention for the prevention of long-term complications, relevant to the target audience.
|Explanation is clear, thorough, and focuses on the most relevant aspects for prevention of long- term complications of type 2 diabetes for the target audience.
|Explanation is clear and focuses on relevant aspects for prevention of long-term complications of type 2 diabetes for the target audience.
|Explanation is clear and focuses on mostly relevant aspects for long term complications of type 2 diabetes for the target audience.
|Explanation focuses on some relevant aspects of long-term complications of type 2 diabetes for the target audience.
|Explanation is absent or does not address long-term complications of type 2 diabetes for the target audience.
|Discusses two (2) evidence-based strategies to support type 2 diabetes self-management.
|Discussion is clear, thorough, and focuses on the most relevant aspects of two (2) evidence-based strategies to support type 2 diabetes self- management for the target audience.
|Discussion is clear and focuses on relevant aspects of two (2) evidence-based strategies to support type 2 diabetes self- management for the target audience.
|Discussion is clear and focuses on mostly relevant aspects of two (2) evidence-based strategies to support type 2 diabetes self- management for the target audience.
|Discussion is clear and focuses on some relevant aspects of at least one evidence- based strategy to support type 2 diabetes self- management for the target audience.
|Discussion is absent or does not identify relevant evidence- based strategies to support type 2 diabetes self- management for the target audience.
|Provides an engaging pres that is professionally and s delivered. Points
|entation killfully 20
|The content pres is thoroughly org professional, and delivered to supp information prov
|ented anised, skillfully ort the ided.
|The content presented The content The content presented is well-organised, presented is is somewhat professional, and organised, professional, skillfully delivered to professional and organised, and support the information mostly skillfully delivered competently provided. delivered to support to support the the information information provided. provided.
|The content presented is not organised or professional and information is not delivered competently.
|Referencing and use of literature
|Skillfully integrates a broad range of high- quality and relevant evidence to support all aspects of the discussion. Citations formatted as per APA 7 throughout.
|Integrates a broad range of high-quality and relevant evidence to support the discussion. Citations formatted as per APA 7 throughout.
|Integrates mostly high-quality evidence to support key aspects of the discussion. Citations are mostly formatted as per APA 7 throughout
|Sufficient evidence used to support discussion, but more, higher quality references could be used to strengthen discussion. Some errors in referencing.
|APA style not used to support discussion in text or reference list
The post HNN217 Primary Health Care Assessment appeared first on Aussienment.