Week 1 Discussion
Due July 14 at 11:59 PM
This discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course textbook readings and the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates. Complete your participation in this assignment by the end of the week.
1. The president and the governor are referred to as the chief administrative or executive officers of the country and state, respectively. Analyze the differences and similarities in the roles and responsibilities of the respective heads of these executive branches.
2. Advocacy and public health nursing intersect in many ways. What are some specific examples that demonstrate how public health benefited from the advocacy provided by nurses?
3. Describe how you will utilize and implement the IOM Nursing Reports from 2010 and 2016 in your role as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
Post your initial response to the Discussion Area by Day 3. Respond to at least two posts by the end of the week, Day 7.
Your initial post is due on Day 3.
Your two peer responses are due no later than Day 7. The expectation is that you reply to your peers on more than 2 days before the end of the week to receive full credit.
Please make sure you are using scholarly references and they should not be older than 5 years. Your posts/references must be in APA format.
Please follow the discussion rubric to make sure you have addressed the discussion criteria.
Week 1 Project
Due July 18 at 11:59 PM
Health Promotion Outline Presentation
For this assignment, you will choose an objective from Healthy People 2030 and create an outline of the full presentation that will be due in Week 4.
This assignment is an outline only, it is due this week, and it must follow the APA format for outlines. Please refer to the APA textbook for assistance.
This assignment should only contain 2-4 slides maximum.
The outline must address the following:
1. Identify Healthy People 2030 objective chosen by you.
2. List the problem addressed in the chosen objective.
3. List the epidemiology, incidence, prevalence, and cost-burden of the problem.
4. Provide a description of a specific population or problem.
5. Discuss how the policy is intended to improve the specific population.
6. List the specific legislators involved with/working on the problem and policy development related to the problem.
7. Discuss how the policy influences clinical practice and is used to promote best outcomes.
8. Examine how the policy can be used by the inter-professional team to improve the problem.
9. List three (3) references with one (1) peer-reviewed article.
Include in the outline headers of each of the above requirements. You must also include a list of three (3) references you will refer to when completing this project.
Work on developing your writing skills using APA 7th Edition.
Contact your Academic Success Counselor to request access to PERRLA. PERRLA will help you format your projects, presentations, and papers correctly using APA 7th Edition.
*** Please note that your week 4 PowerPoint Presentation will be based on this outline. ***
Week 1 Project Exemplar
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
The post Week 1 Discussion
Due July 14 at 11:59 PM
This discussion assig appeared first on Skilled Papers.