Provide an environment of care to enhance the social and living skills of client in the Refuge that meets their physical, emotional and developmental needs.
The position focuses on providing support accommodation to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, predominately in the age range of 14 -17. The program will focus on working with young people and supporting them with accommodation, education and training pathways within South Western Sydney district, with a focus on Fairfield and Liverpool LGA
To achieve these outcomes of this position, this service will work with a range of agencies within the skilled youth workers, the local area and with relevant government departments.
The position will provide flexible and relevant support that accord with principles of self-determination and meet the needs of this vulnerable target group. The position would be required to work as part of a large team.
The position will function under the supervision of the Senior Case Manager/s and reports to the Refuge Manager.
- Supporting the implementation of strategies as defined in agreed client’s case plans towards their outcome on a day to day basis.
- Assist clients to achieve their living skills inventory outcomes as identified by the case managers.
- Support and resource clients with access to information.
- Respond and support to clients with a flexible approach to their emotional needs.
- Work with the Early Intervention team if needed, to Engage, assist and support family mediation in the event of organised parental visit to the Program.
- Support, provide educational and homework support in the evening and implement Quite Time
- Uphold the philosophies of the organisation and adhere to service policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, participate and attend staff meetings.
- Provide verbal and written reports as required
- Participate in regular supervisory meetings
- Attend relevant training courses as requested and approved by the Team Leader
- Being accountable and other duties as directed by the Team Leader
- Provide reports to the Team Leader as required and/or requested
- Supporting and monitoring clients to plan and prepare nutritious meals.
- Monitoring and assisting clients with their weekly chores.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the Program, including the cleaning and preparation of vacated rooms including undertaking weekend staff chores.
- Notify by emailing or phoning the Team Leader as soon as any maintenance repairs or hazards are identified.
- Ensure house and garden are in good repair, kept neat and tidy.
- Supervise health and personal hygiene of clients.
- Ensure the accurate recording of all statutory and UpFront information requirements for client records and case planning, including updating relevant data systems such as PNYX, CIMs reporting, case note sharing, records management, statistical and other data collection
- Identify client needs and supporting documentation
- Ensure monthly individual data collation is maintained and entered into the CIMS data collection
- Ensure the brokerage service is managed effectively and delivered in line with the Brokerage Guidelines.
- As requested by the team leader, support, maintain and provide required information relating to brokerage and petty cash reconciliation