Think about Amazon. It started as an online bookseller, and it is now a dominant force in every industry.
Identify 5 key competitors to Amazon from 5 different industries or categories available from various retailers. For example, Amazon competes in the following areas:
- Health and beauty aids (competes against Sephora)
- Appliances (competes against The Home Depot)
- Books (competes against Barnes & Noble)
- Apparel (competes against Macy’s)
- Electronics (competes against Best Buy)
Select 1 item featured on Amazon and the same (or closest option) featured from a competitive retailer.
Create a 15-slide (minimum) PowerPoint presentation for your marketing manager that includes the following:
- Introduce the project
- 10 types of products—5 from Amazon featuring a product and 5 other retailers featuring the same product
- Summary (side-by-side comparison or summary of your findings)
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.