Identify an organizational problem to solve within your current workplace or industry and use an affinity diagram to brainstorm the root causes of the organizational problem and potential solutions for addressing it. (The organization problem I’d like to use is ineffective leadership) However, I am open to other ideas.
For this assignment, the first step is to identify an organizational problem to solve within your current workplace or industry. This is an opportunity for you to apply your learning while addressing a real-world problem. After you have identified a possible organizational problem, complete the “Brainstorming With an Affinity Diagram” resource to help you narrow and specify the root cause for the problem. Completing the affinity diagram will not only help you identify the root causes for the problem but also to determine the scope of influence you can have in reaching a potential solution. Keep in mind that this exercise is meant to identify a viable solution within the scope of influence in which you are directly involved and will ultimately allow you to be an agent of change.
Complete the affinity diagram action steps outlined in the “Brainstorming With an Affinity Diagram” resource, including the Five Whys Root Cause Analysis section. This can be done using online mind mapping resources like those found in the study materials, by using post-it notes, or through the use of Excel or Word documents and tables. When constructing the affinity diagram, be sure to complete all six steps described on the resource. You will reference these root causes again within your final business proposal in Topic 8.
Submit both the affinity diagram and the five whys root cause analysis to your instructor. Evidence of revision from instructor feedback will be assessed on the final business proposal.
- Write a summary of what you have learned regarding your prison sentencing reforms policy in general.
- Discuss and develop a PowerPoint presentation to deliver to key stakeholders that examines why this Prison Sentencing Reforms should be implemented.
- What factors should be considered to ensure that nurses working in acute care settings meet the six Institute of Medicines (IOM) Aims for Improving Healthcare Quality?
- What purpose does it serve for Saul Indian Horse to tell his story?
- Discuss your views about the effects of students cultural and prior educational backgrounds on their school performance.
- What is the current status including the etiology, current treatments, problems with the current treatments (can be anything for e.g., DDI, narrow therapeutic index, dose titration, toxicity, food restriction, need for blood level monitoring etc).
- Write a paper on human reproduction and development questions.
- Describe your background and experiences with technology and with any prior online courses or programs.
- Briefly describe the historical event you have chosen to analyze as well as the research question you will attempt to answer in your essay.
- Identify an organizational problem to solve within your current workplace or industry and use an affinity diagram to brainstorm the root causes of the organizational problem and potential solutions for addressing it.