Please write a blog post reflecting on both the media and readings for his week. You can decide what direction to take it. A few ideas:
-refer back to David King Dunaways article Music and Politics in the United States. Apply the typologies to the songs of hip hop and rap. What difference do these songs make to the politics and law of the time?
-consider how history could have been different without the popularity of hip hop and rap. Would the politics and laws of today be different? How? Why?
-Refer back to the powerpoint slides from Week #2 that reference social movements. Was there a corresponding social movement to hip hop and rap in the 80’s and 90’s? What about today?
-How are the music of the Civil Rights movement and hip hop/rap related to one another? How are they the same/different? Are their goals different?
-Was there a topic that was brought up in the readings that interested you or made you think? If so, feel free to delve into it further in this blog post (just don’t ignore the other readings!). Examples could be the music of resistance, women’s place in hip hop/rap, or the role of black nationalism in popular music.
Or come up with another idea that interests you. Feel free to message me or e-mail me if you would like it approved beforehand.
Watch: Chuck D Talks About Artists of the Civil Rights Movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ciHJvs9wPk
Watch: Hip Hop is Politics. Vox. https://www.vox.com/2016/9/17/12945148/hip-hop-politics-kendrick-lamar
Listen: N.W.A. Fuck tha Police https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jOqOlETcRU
Listen: Queen Latifah U.N.I.T.Y. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8cHxydDb7o
Listen: Public Enemy Fight the Power https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaoLy7PHwk
Listen: N.W.A. Straight Outta Compton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZi25Pq3T8
- Explain why an institution in Canada would prefer hyflex methods over in person.
- Explain how the theory provides a deeper understanding of the contemporary issue.
- What potential effects would themes such as the clients culture, ethnicity, family, education, and gender have on the situation and recommendation(s)?
- In what ways has Amirs character been shaped or influenced by others?
- Critically discuss the concept of Quality of life, including its application and value of understanding mental health burdens.
- Discuss and analyze the ethical considerations for research and practice with the selected developmental stage.
- Write a research paper based on what you’ve learned thus far, and do some critical thinking.
- Dunaways article Music and Politics in the United States. Apply the typologies to the songs of hip hop and rap. What difference do these songs make to the politics and law of the time?
- In your opinion, is the antiquity of a state a compelling argument to justify international support/recognition of an independence movement?
- Explain your answer with specific examples from your assigned reading and media.