Integrating the Field of Developmental Psychology: A Review of the Literature Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the age group / developmental stage you selected in Week 2 of the course. Remember, you must use this age group / developmental stage. The age group is Adolescence (13-18 years) You will then review the Developmental Psychology literature examining findings for that age group / developmental stage in terms of the physical, emotional, cognitive, social dimensions, and how they impact development and can best be used to meet developmental needs. Additionally, create a summary of the developmental stage as viewed through the lens of one developmental theory we have studied across the course (Piagets Theory of Cognitive Development, Freuds Psychosexual Theory, Ericksons Psychosocial Theory, etc.). In your paper, Examine the physical changes associated with the selected developmental stage. Examine the cognitive changes associated with the selected developmental stage. Examine the emotional changes associated with the selected developmental stage. Examine the social changes associated with the selected developmental stage. Evaluate the developmental changes and appraise the effects of the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social environments. Integrate developmental and environmental factors into an assessment of developmental needs. Create a summary of the developmental stage as viewed through the lens of a selected developmental theory. Propose solutions for areas not addressed by the theory. Discuss and analyze the ethical considerations for research and practice with the selected developmental stage. The Integrating the Field of Developmental Psychology: A Review of the Literature Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Must include a separate title page with the following: Title of paper Students name Course name and number Instructors name Date submitted Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text. The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Flynn, M., & Rudolph, K. D. (2014). A Prospective Examination of Emotional Clarity, Stress Responses, and Depressive Symptoms during Early Adolescence. Journal of Early Adolescence, 34(7), 923939.
Friedrich, R. E., Schmidt, K., Treszl, A., & Kersten, J. F. (2016). Predictive values derived from lower wisdom teeth developmental stages on orthopantomograms to calculate the chronological age in adolescence and young adults as a prerequisite to obtain age-adjusted informed patient consent prior to elective surgical procedures in young patients with incomplete or mismatched personal data. GMS Interdisciplinary Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery DGPW, 5, 23. https://doi.org/10.3205/iprs000102
Whitmarsh, L., & Mullette, J. (2009). SEARCH: An Integrated Model for Counseling Adolescents. Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education and Development, 48(2), 144159.
Ohannessian, C. M., & Vannucci, A. (2020). A Closer Examination of the Temporal Relationship between Self-Competence and Depressive Symptoms during Early Adolescence. Journal of Early Adolescence, 40(9), 13181335.
- Explain why an institution in Canada would prefer hyflex methods over in person.
- Explain how the theory provides a deeper understanding of the contemporary issue.
- What potential effects would themes such as the clients culture, ethnicity, family, education, and gender have on the situation and recommendation(s)?
- In what ways has Amirs character been shaped or influenced by others?
- Critically discuss the concept of Quality of life, including its application and value of understanding mental health burdens.
- Discuss and analyze the ethical considerations for research and practice with the selected developmental stage.
- Write a research paper based on what you’ve learned thus far, and do some critical thinking.
- Dunaways article Music and Politics in the United States. Apply the typologies to the songs of hip hop and rap. What difference do these songs make to the politics and law of the time?
- In your opinion, is the antiquity of a state a compelling argument to justify international support/recognition of an independence movement?
- Explain your answer with specific examples from your assigned reading and media.