Philosophy deals with two key areas: life’s big questions and the role of the individual.
In the Week 1 discussion, we will explore big questions (as this is what people often associate with philosophy). For this week’s discussion:
Introduce yourself to your peers by sharing something unique about your background. Explain how you expect this course will help you move forward in your current or future career.
Select one of the topics listed below. You are not answering the question in each topic, rather exploring information to make connections. No one has the answers but the more you engage with these types of questions, the more you will understand the meaning of philosophy.
Topics to consider:
What is the meaning of life?
What is knowledge (and how do we attain it)?
What is real?
Give a brief explanation for why you selected the topic that you did. Possibilities include:
Why is this question interesting to you?
What personal connections do you make with this topic? Why?
- What is the main reason why long-term bonds are subject to greater interest rate risk than short-term bonds?
- What exactly are the rules now that allow college athletes to make money while in college?
- Describe the need to belong and the research in the reading, An Introduction to the Science of Social Psychology, that supports the need to belong.
- Discuss how implicit bias affects how we act in a subconscious way.
- Describe how the model relates to the types of change defined by Ackerman & Anderson.
- Fawrite a reflection for each day of our course, outlining highlights from (nearly) all of the days material.
- Discuss factors that influence food choices. Many factorspsychological, physical, social, and philosophicalinfluence peoples food choices. L
- What do you hope to achieve on your study abroad year/term? Please write 2-3 paragraphs
- write 1-2 pages how Is Europe dealing with youth radicalisation and what are they doing to counter the problem. There was the famous case of 15 years old Shamina Begum who resided in London and was radicalised online. She is called the ISIS Bride.. I saw a documentary called The recruiting for Jihad. Maybe this helps.
- What is the meaning of life?