Does Jay Gatsby’s quest for the American Dream reflect the experience of Americans in the 21st century
1. The Great Gatsby
2. A minimum of two secondary sources chosen from the list below. The secondary sources should support your argument as well as illustrate the similarities and/or differences between the American Dream as portrayed in The Great Gatsby and that of the 21st century America.
3. Other scholarly sources may be used. NO Wikipedia or .com sources may be used.
Direct Quotes: Use direct quotes from the novel and secondary sources but use them wisely and sparingly.
APA 7 student version format, including:
Times New Roman, 12 pt. font
Length of essay: 800-1200 words (approximately 3-4 pages, not including title page,
Citations: APA in-text citations and References page.
Secondary Sources List (note: these readings are assigned throughout this unit. They are recommended resources to help deepen your understanding of the novel and provide you with support for your essay. It is up to you to determine which readings are most appropriate to your own goals/purpose):
“American Dreaming: Really Reading The Great Gatsby
Disillusionment of F. Scott Fitzgeralds Ideals in The Great Gatsby.
“Desire’s Second Act: Race and The Great Gatsby’s Cynical Americanism”
Culture Wars and Other Subterranean Historical Forces: A Response to Russell Johnson (https://voices.uchicago.edu/religionculture/2017/07/17/963/.)
The Struggle Is Real: Understanding the American Culture War. (https://voices.uchicago.edu/religionculture/2017/07/11/the-struggle-is-real-understanding-the-american-culture-war-by-russell-d/)
- Develop and submit a personal leadership philosophy that reflects what you think are characteristics of a good leader. Use the scholarly resources on leadership you selected to support your philosophy statement.
- Discuss how the different team dysfunctions can impact a project and eventually strategy implementation.
- What is due process? Create a definition in your own words; provide specific, constitutional foundations for due process and create your own assessment of its significance in the criminal justice process today.
- Research at least one pressing real-world leadership challenge in organizations today.
- Define the problem clearly and succinctly. Who is involved or affected by the problem? What are the causes of the problem? Concerns?
- What negative developmental effects are there in children ages 1 to 5 years old who spend too much time in front of a screen?
- How much an analysis is valued can depend heavily on how well the results of that analysis are articulated. Communicating the results of your data analysis so the applications to your business are clear and explicit can greatly enhance the value of your analytic work. In this assessment, consider how you can best communicate the results that you wrote about in your previous assessment. Review any feedback you received on your first assessment and use it to enhance this assessment. Scenario
- Explain principles of care for clients with oncological disorders.
- Does Jay Gatsby’s quest for the American Dream reflect the experience of Americans in the 21st century
- How does Whatsapp as an interactional online environment changes a young person language usage?