This week, students will begin by exploring one of the most pervasive forces in our lives today: technology. Students will address the role of technology in altering the physical, cognitive, and/or psychosocial elements of human development for our children (ages 3-12) or adolescents (ages 13-18) today as compared to human development just one or two generations ago. Students will then explore trends in public policy that influence human development and day-to-day life.
For your initial post, you will describe the positive and negative influences of technology on human development during childhood (ages 3-12) or adolescence (ages 13-18).
Using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, research at least one peer-reviewed article that describes the way(s) in which technology has either positively or negatively influenced physical, cognitive, and/or psychosocial development within childhood or adolescence (e.g., the effects of media violence on aggression or educational products on learning). Describe factors which may mediate the effect(s) of technology within your selected stage (e.g., education, gender, socioeconomic status, culture, or family/parenting). Strive to find recent work, but seminal research on the topic should be considered as well. Evaluate the unique scholarly perspectives found in your research and interpret the implications of technology on human development. Support your perspective(s) with references from the required or peer-reviewed resources. Additionally, conclude with a consideration of relevant ethical concerns (perhaps with regard to policy decisions).
Ernest, J. M., Causey, C., Newton, A. B., Sharkins, K., Summerlin, J., & Albaiz, N. (2014). Extending the global dialogue about media, technology, screen time, and young children. Childhood Education, 90(3), 182.
Wijnen, F., Walma van der Molen, J., & Voogt, J. (2021). Primary school teachers attitudes toward technology use and stimulating higher-order thinking in students: a review of the literature. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 123. https://doi.org/10.1080/15391523.2021.1991864
- What are the consequences of attributing agency to technology?
- What are the arguments for and against decriminalizing drugs in the United States?
- Select one state opposed to Medicaid expansion and describe why. Then, consider your own state. What are the benefits and drawbacks to Medicaid expansion in your state?
- Describe how these types of policies are effective.
- Write a paper on SOP for Youth mobility programme in UK.
- Describe why your program is necessary and appropriate for the chosen group.
- Describe how your experiences, both professional and personal, have led you to the decision to pursue an MBA at Georgia Tech. 2,000 character maximum, including spaces.
- Describe factors which may mediate the effect(s) of technology within your selected stage (e.g., education, gender, socioeconomic status, culture, or family/parenting).
- Reflect on whether you oppose or support the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Consider the nursing professionals position as a caregiver and/or the healthcare leader as an administrator.
- compose practicum goals informed by your personal statement.