As you progress through this course, you learn how to analyze change and how to lead others to accept change. In this case study: You will point to and analyze a transformational change or major modification you experienced as an adult.
Choose either a personal change or a change in your professional role as part of an organization. This assignment will be easier if you choose one that you have normalized or are about to normalize.
Based on what you learned in the course, you will analyze and critique the process of change. While this depends on your own personal experience, you are expected to criticize it objectively, analytically, and professionally. And remember, I don’t know your personal situation, so you must provide the rationale for your analysis and conclusions in the case study. This mission has been announced. Explains expectations. You may want to review it again. Again, here’s the case study instruction video I watched in Week 7 when, The following questions are intended to guide your thinking.
Remember to answer the questions. Based on your experience with one type of transformational change or major modification:
1. Provide a brief overview of the change. What are the strategic drivers for change? (Week 2)
2. Use the course content to explain the type of change. Provide evidence of your analysis using details from your experience. (Week 3)
3. From a change management point of view, explain the progress through the four stages of the normalization process. (weeks 5 and 8)
o Consider both rational and emotional needs and responses.
o Identifying observable behavioral indicators or social cues during each stage.
4. Option 1 – Professional role: For each stage of the normalization process, identify leader-focused initiatives that have been beneficial. If necessary, identify what also had to be done to help normalize the change more quickly. be specific.
Option 2 – Personal Experience:
For each stage of the process, identify the leader-focused efforts that you or others have applied to your personal situation and that helped you move forward through the process. Based on what you learned in this course, explain what you or others could have done to help you normalize change more quickly. be specific. Weeks 9, 10, 11, 12)
5. What were the first three lessons this assignment taught you about managing and driving change?
• Review the rubric to see how to get good grades
• Be sure to answer the questions. Explain your answers using course content and terminology.
• Be specific and use examples from the situation as evidence
• Incidents of plagiarism or contract fraud are dealt with strictly. If you are not familiar with UVIC regulations regarding academic integrity, please ensure that you know them yourself.