The Maldives National University
HRM303 – Remuneration Management
Individual Assignment: Case study analysis
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a case study analysis on one of the given case studies. Your analysis should be linked with recent literature (that is, a topic/issue that has received considerable attention in the last 10 years in the research literature).
In order to ensure appropriate breadth, you will need to incorporate at least eight peer-reviewed journal articles (including both empirical and theoretical pieces) that are relevant to your chosen case study. You must include copies of the abstracts when you submit your assignment. If you cite more than eight references, just include copies of the abstracts for the eight most influential pieces.
1. Specific Details
• Weighting: 20%
• Due Date: Week 12 (13th November 2021)
A penalty of 5% will be assessed for each day late.
• Word limit: 2000 (+/- 10%) words excluding appendices.
• Format: The assignment must be typed in using the font ‘Times New Roman’, 12pt (14pt for headings) and 1.5 line spacing, with no indent at the start of the paragraphs. The paragraphs alignment should be justified.
• Submission: Hard Copy
Hard copy isn’t required to submit.
A soft copy of the assignment should be submitted to the MOODLE via TURNITIN. In case where the student is unable to submit via MOODLE, the student should email the soft copy to the email specified below, with the specified subject.
To: firstname.lastname@example.org (H1, H2, H50 & H96 students)
email@example.com (H40 students) Subject: HRM303 – Individual assignment
2. Case study Selection and analysis
You can choose any one of the given case studies. You should address following areas;
• Background of the case (background information, relevant facts and most important issues)
• Evaluation of the case (identify key problems, issues and consequences outlined in the case study, identify actions taken by the company, evaluate identified issues based on reviewed literatures)
• Proposed recommendations (provide specific and realistic solutions or changes needed, explain why this solution(s) was chosen). Your solution should be based on solid evidences such as facts from reviewed literature and real examples.
HRM303-Remuneration Management Assessment Details Page 1 of 2
3. Marking rubric
Marks Allocated Poor Fair Good Very good Excellent
a. Introduction (5%)
Ability to outline overview of the report. 5 0-1 2 3 4 5
b. Background of the case (10%)
Ability to critically summarize the case 5 0-1 2 3 4 5
The ability to synthesise information and apply original insight and critical thought. 5 0-1 2 3 4 5
c. Evaluation of the case (50%)
Ability to identify key problems, issues and consequences outlined in the case study, identify actions taken by the company. 15 0-2 3-6 7-9 10-12 13-15
Evaluate identified issues based on reviewed literatures. 35 0-5 6-14 15-20 21-29 30-35
d. Conclusion and recommendations (20%)
The ability to clearly and accurately summarise and synthesise findings/analysis 5 0-1 2 3 4 5
provide specific and realistic solutions or changes needed, explain why this solution(s) was chosen). Your solution should be based on solid evidences such as facts from reviewed literature and real examples 15 0-2 3-6 7-9 10-12 13-15
e. Referencing (10%)
Use of APA style (in-text as well as list of references) – Quality and quantity of references. Use of at least 8 good quality peer reviewed references, which should include conceptual as well as empirical journal articles, books, others scholarly material. 10 0-3 4-5 6-7 8-9 10
f. Presentation and structure (5%)
Structure of the report; Coherence, grammar, layout punctuation, and other academic writing issues. 5 0-1 2 3 4 5
HRM303-Remuneration Management Assessment Details Page 2 of 2
The Maldives National University