Consideration to prevent wastage
3. List 3 quality points for lamb.
Fancy meat/offal Menu Dish Method of Cookery
6. Using the veal cuts provided below, select a suitable menu dish and an appropriate cookery method for each.
Cut Menu Dish Method of Cookery
9. List 6 measures which help to ensure correct hygiene standards when handling and preparing meat and meat dishes. What would this need to include when thawing meats?
12. Provide 2 reasons why you should not stew beef topside.
Reasons and Explanation
Which primals would you use for either menu dish? Why have you made these choices?
Primals used Reason
15. Explain the applications and uses of the following Equipment and Utensils and provide one applied example for each. What are the WHS and hygiene procedures which must be followed for assembly, and for safe use?Equipment and
Explanation for use Applied Example
16. Complete the following table for examples of restaurant cuts from pork with a suitable method of cookery applied for a menu dish for each cut:
17. Explain the following preparation and portioning techniques:
Stuffing and trussing –
Marinating– Instant and Soaking Application and Uses–
Instant Marinades Soaking Marinades
What are the ideal temperatures for storage? How are frozen items defrosted safely?
19. What are the general considerations for suitable sauces and accompaniments for meat dishes?