• Please choose a question from the following options to answer for an assessment of your written communication skills.
• Write with enough detail to answer the question, but no more than two pages in length.
• State a thesis and present relevant support that draws upon credible references from your academic or personal experiences, readings or studies.
• Use appropriate and conventional spelling, grammar, punctuation, language, and style for written American English.
• Write legibly so that it can be easily read and scored. Illegible submissions may not be admissible to the committee.
• Allow time to proofread your essay and make sure any revisions are indicated clearly.
1. Pharmacists, regardless of the practice setting, work with many health care professionals on a daily basis. What are some of the unintended benefits and difficulties of working on an inter-professional healthcare team? Illustrate with examples.
2. What does the phrase “Practicing at the Top of Your Education” mean? How would this apply to your practice as a Doctor of Pharmacy? Illustrate with examples.
3. Pharmacists are presented with the challenge of achieving positive health outcomes for all patients, while balancing legal and financial responsibilities. What would you consider to be the most important daily challenge for a pharmacist? Illustrate with examples.
4. What is the most significant pharmacy-related event in modern history? How has it shaped the practice of medicine in America today? Illustrate with examples.