|SM0382 (LD0382) : Strategic Management & Corporate Responsibility|
Note: Fictitious scenario
In the clothing industry, there has been incredible turbulence in the industry value chain over the last decade. For many firms in the industry, sustainability in supply chains, the fashion cycle, and the retail environment are key concerns. In a strategic review, the board of directors of Patagonia (Patagonia.com) is considering strategic options.
instructions on Assessment
1. You are required to produce a 3500-word essay based on the following tasks:
1. An introduction to the company and its current approach to corporate responsibility and sustainability
2. With reference to the triple bottom line (and other appropriate theories), discuss the key dilemmas involved in being an ‘ethical’ company. Ensure your answer is theoretically grounded and relates to the sector and organizational context outlined in the scenario
3. Drawing upon value chain and resource-based view, discuss the company’s
source(s) of competitive advantage
4. With reference to your answer to parts (1), (2), and (3), argue for a strategic proposal that can further enhance the company’s source(s) of competitive advantage and supports one or more of the 17 UN SDG themes.