After completing the module, you should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of strategic management theory
2. Demonstrate a critical understanding of vision, value & ethics
3. Critically evaluate organizations capability to successfully innovate
4. Critically assess the importance of ethics and the role of CSR in the development of an organization.
5. Apply theories and concepts to resolve a range of business problems.
6. Critically assess the strategic options for growth using a variety of marketing models.
7. Responsible Global Citizenship: Understand global issues and their place in a globalized economy, ethical decision-making, and accountability. Adopt self-awareness, openness, and sensitivity to diversity in culture.
Undertake a strategic audit and critically evaluate Eli Lilly’s current position in the US marketplace, concentrating on its external operating environment and its internal core competencies. You will need to utilize relevant management models from the course materials and provide supporting evidence from a range of external sources to support your academic argument.
Ensure you utilize fully as a minimum Porters 5 Forces, PESTLE, Porters Value Chain, and Core Competencies in response to question 1 using good quality sources of information that are fully referenced with the Harvard system.
Critically evaluate Eli Lilly and its vision, values, and ethics and its capability to successfully innovate. What is the current position in respect of their corporate social responsibility initiatives and are there any further actions that might be necessary for Eli Lilly to fulfill its corporate sustainability initiatives? Justify your position taken and provide supporting evidence from a range of external sources, including those of the company to support your academic argument.
Ensure you first outline (Harvard referencing) academic best practices in terms of vision, value, ethics, innovation, corporate social responsibility before you then compare how the organization is actually performing against this academic best practice theory in response to question 2 using good quality sources of information that are fully referenced with the Harvard system.
Critically evaluate the strategic options for Eli Lilly’s growth using the marketing models highlighted in the course materials. Justify your position taken.