1. Read the NAEYC standards, and specifically become familiar with Standard 6 provided below:
• Identifying and involving oneself with the early childhood field
• Knowing about and upholding ethical standards and other early childhood professional guidelines
• Engaging in continuous, collaborative learning to inform practice, using technology effectively with young children, with peers, and as a professional resource
• Integrating knowledgeable, reflective, and critical perspectives on early education
• Engaging in informed advocacy for young children and the early childhood profession
2. Use each of the descriptors (the 5 bulleted items above) to create a table that includes: Each standard descriptor, a list of three specific activities that professionals can implement to support each descriptor. These activities must be research-based, and you must cite your references in Part 3 of this assignment.
3. Write an essay discussing:
• An explanation of what NAEYC Standard 6 encompasses and why this standard is important in the field of early childhood education
• An analysis of each descriptor and how each can be conveyed in the learning environment
• A detailed, written explanation of the three activities for each descriptor from your table in Step 2
Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include at least four (4) APA in-text citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.