|COM302: Web Analytics|
The following questions and provide a 400-word response for each. Your responses will be marked on: your definition of key concepts; the quality, accuracy and relevance of your answer; appropriateness of the chosen example including evidence of research; demonstrated engagement with the unit material; and clarity and accuracy of written expression.
- Define and discuss the terms ‘privacy and surveillance’ in the context of web analytics by drawing on an example from your research.
- Explain how web analytics data sets, such as those derived from Google Analytics, can be used to support strategic web communication initiatives, by drawing on an example from your research.
- Describe some of the ways that web data influences how people search for information online.
- Explain the role that visualisation plays in helping audiences to understand the complexities of web data.
- In your opinion, was the Cambridge Analytica issue a wake-up call for web users and web researchers who collect and analyse web data and what impact did the case have on web research?
- Define the terms ‘datafication’ in the context of web analytics.
- Explain how qualitative data and analysis can be used to support the insights provided through web analytics.
Please provide in-text references (at least one academic reference and one non-academic reference per answer) and one final reference list