You are digital marketing consultants to an international start-up in the field of either a.) an international events management, or green energy start-up. You are tasked with pitching ideas for the company’s new website to company directors. You should prepare an illustrated proposal for the new user-friendly website, including implementing appropriate SEO and analytics tactics for the site.
In groups of up to 4, you are required to give a 15-minute presentation, discussing your proposed website. Your presentation should include:
- A brief overview of your site launch including which e-commerce area you are focused on (e.g B2C, B2B, etc.), and any potential role played by paid/earned owned channels, appropriate social media, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) considerations in promoting it.
- The key steps and solutions you will be considering for the design of a user-friendly website, including those relevant to ensuring positive usability and performance, and those relevant to the international nature of the site.
- The key tactics you will employ for optimising the site for search engine indexing, taking into account, where relevant, the international nature of the site.
- The key analytical methods and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) you will use to evaluate the success of the launch of the new site and ensure good CRM going forward.
Support your presentation with slides, choosing one of the following options – either:
- Creating mock-ups, wireframes or site-maps of your proposed website using various tools such as Photoshop, or Pixlr, and including screenshots to illustrate your proposals;
- Or, develop an illustrative website using Weebly, Wix, or WordPress, and including screenshots to illustrate your proposals;
- Or, including screenshots and critiques of existing competitor websites, and using these to illustrate your proposals.
Guidelines and Marking Criteria:
- Plan the launch of an international user-friendly website for your start-up, providing a brief overview of any potential role played paid/earned/owned channels, appropriate social media, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) considerations in promoting it.
- Outline the relevant design considerations for the website. Your suggestions should include those relevant to ensuring positive usability and performance, and, those relevant to the international nature of the site.
- Propose relevant search engine optimisation techniques for ensuring a high ranking on common search engines, considering, where relevant, the site’s international nature.
- Propose relevant measurement tactics and KPIs utilising Google analytics in order to analyse the success of the website launch and ensure good future CRM, considering, where relevant, the international nature of the site. (20
Group member presents in a professionally competent manner. (20 Marks)
(Total 100 Marks)
POINTS TO CONSIDER
Your work should demonstrate critical application of academic theories and models as well as industry best practice. This should be evident in the work that you produce and should be discussed explicitly, utilising appropriate references, in the commentary for each section.
All group members should where possible aim to contribute equally to the preparation and presentation of the assignment. This is a group presentation, but individual marks are awarded at the marker’s discretion. Presentational competency will also be reflected in the individual mark. Individual contributions will thus be recognised.