Course Outcomes for Assignment:
· Apply and integrate the concepts and knowledge gained in prior general management and health care administration courses to industry-relevant challenges.
· Assess the relevant strategic decision-making and implementation issues within a health care organization.
Hurricane Sandy: New Jersey, Disaster Response
Hurricane Sandy also known as Superstorm Sandy was the deadliest and most destructive, as well as the strongest hurricane of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season. The storm inflicted nearly $70 billion in damage and killed 233 people across eight countries from the Caribbean to Canada. Sandy was a Category 3 storm at its peak intensity when it made landfall in Cuba. While it was a Category 2 hurricane off the coast of the Northeastern United States, the storm became the largest Atlantic hurricane on record, with tropical-storm-force winds spanning 1,150 miles. New Jersey was severely impacted by Hurricane Sandy, with economic losses of approximately $30 billion.
Your assignment: In a MEMO format, in 800-1000 words, please discuss the following about the New Jersey response to Hurricane Sandy:
· What went well with the response to Hurricane Sandy?
· What were the significant challenges with the response?
· In which ways could the disaster response have been improved?
· During Week One, we discussed Fayol’s Five Functions of Management: (a) Planning , (b) organizing, (c) coordinating, (d) commanding, and (e) controlling As the Chief Operating Officer (COO) how would you enhance your healthcare facility’s Hurricane Disaster preparedness? Discuss which ways you would utilize Fayol’s Second Function of Management, organizing into enhancing your facilities’ disaster preparedness, specifically for hurricanes? Also, discuss the political forces that were present with this response.
Make certain that your assignment is in the APA 7th edition format with a cover page, separating your sections by the appropriate APA Level Headings. Also, make sure you include a reference page and at least five references with in-text citations